Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Smile Big!!!!! That's all I have to do now to get a big laugh. Did I say something mean, stupid or thoughtless? Just smile big and everything changes..... you can't help but laugh.

Just yesterday I had four holes drilled in my mouth for implants. Yes, four! It didn't hurt; I was numbed thoroughly (not put out.) Although it didn't hurt, it was a strange feeling that this guy (the Doc) was litterally drilling in my bone. The best part was when he put the metal pieces in the hole and then screwed a lid on top. Whew! It was over.

When S returned home from a long day at work, I smiled big and have been taking advantage of my special look ever since. I've never gotten away with more - just open wide and she can't help but laugh at this one space that is easily visible.

Without having retrieved the mail yet, I told S that I probably won't feel like going to any family gatherings for a while (the fam is fairly close.) Guess what was in the mail!! of course,,,,, an invitation to a gathering for some guy who turned 50 and the relative who turned 51. The gathering is before my next appointment with the dentist, so I will not have had the opportunity to even talk about putting a temporary there. Hmmmmmmmm what to do. Who knows, S may even have to work that day; I can always hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home