Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, July 16, 2004

CRV stands for California redemption value.  It is charged to us every time we buy any beverages in glass, plastic or aluminum. 
 
I have lived here a year now and finally figured out how I can get my money back.  CRV is not a deposit so it isn't as simple as bringing the containers to the store from which they were bought.  Now that I know where a station is, it is actually easier than bringing it back to the store.  I don't have to be concerned about whether or not the store sells a certain beverage.
 
At the recycle station, I was given the option to count them or have them weighed.  Of course I already had them counted and organized in their original containers, so I had them weighed just to see if it came out to the same amount.   Take a guess - do you think the value was the same whether they were weighed or counted?  Hmmmmmmmmmm - have you already guessed?  Well just as you may have guessed, I would have been cheated by $1.07 if I had not counted them. 
 
The weather here is great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home