Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Monday Madness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otto put up some questions about words.

Most commonly mispronounced ? In my world? I try to only hang out with people who speak properly, but it is difficult in our ever growing laziness with the English language. Since our country is so big and it is supposedly a "melting" pot, it is difficult to say if a word is mispronounced or is it just a different pronounciation.

2. Words used improperly. This is the one that bugs me the most! I ! I is the subject! I am... , it is for me - this one bugs me so much that I don't even want to write down examples of how people use it incorrectly. Just remember, "I" is the subject of the sentence! objects (me, him, her, us, them) generally come after prepositions; that is why it is called the object of the preposition.

3. Words most often misspelled. I don't know. If I'm not sure on the spelling of a word, I look it up in the good ol' dictionary.

4. Words or phrases that you feel are over-used. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home