Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What a relief! There's nothing better than seeing all that garbage go away. I borrowed Mom's alarm and set it for 6:40am. At 6:48, I heard a very faint beep. I thought to myself, hmmm what's that noise? Oh, the alarm - why do I have to get up? The garbage! I put on my sweatshirt and Mom's shoes (thanks Mom.) and immediately walked to the front door - the trash man pulled up just as I was going outside. Cool, I didn't have to wait for him. I hobbled out to the front and realized he was already grabbing all the windows (we had them out all week for vultures), so I quickly modified my plan. Instead of "sweet talking" him into taking everything, I thanked him. I made sure I was visible and said, "hey, I just wanted to thank you for taking all this stuff; you're really helping out a lot." He responded, "no problem." I stayed out there and sure enough he emptied one of the containers that we were trying to get rid of and I told him that can go too, this is the only good one (touching the trash can.) He took 3 custom designed litter boxes, at least 20 buckets and all the little crap we put out there. My day is complete now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home