Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, February 06, 2004

Stranger Danger

The recent case in Florida brought this to mind.

I think Dad was always giving his 6 girls survival tips; I still carry my car key between my fingers (ready to poke an eye out) whenever I walk to my car. I find myself doing this even in broad daylight with no concerns of danger.

I don't recall specifically having a code word or anything. I don't even recall specific topics on strangers talking to us. What I do recall is an incident that I think Otto may also recall.

Otto and I were young, not yet in the teens and we were in the front yard playing. Someone slowed down in their car and stopped to yell to us something like this; 'hey, why don't you two get the newspaper for you parents.' My memory has me and Otto quickly looking at each other, not saying a word, and running to the house.

That could have been ...., but we had it in our heads to run from strangers.

Thanks Mom and Dad for being such great parents! I Love YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home