Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

I've had quite a busy October so far; most importantly I have had a few wellness "check-ups."

I had my first mammogram which came back with no visible abnormalities - no surprise to me.

I also had a colposcopy after the doc who did my pap thought he saw something - the pap itself came back with no abnormalities and the second doc did not see anything, so no worries.

There was this one thing though that should not have been there. The doc was good, so I let him biopsy it (which effectively got rid of it.) This came back "not cancerous," but also "not normal."

It has been suggested that I let them cut more due to the possibility of the cells becoming cancerous at some point in my life. Although I will most likely go along with whatever they suggest, this sounds a bit nuts to me.

I believe since the cells are always changing, they just caught them on an unhealthy day (so to speak.) It has been said by some that we all have "cancer" cells at some point in our lives - what determines whether or not they take over is how we feed our bodies. I know I have been putting a lot of garbage inside my body.

I think the true solution for me is to cleanse my body - feed my body (without the garbage)

Don't worry about any of this because there really is nothing to worry about - I think this was my kick in the butt to stop eating so much crap which is so easy to grab and satisfy the feeling of hunger. I need to remember that our food becomes us. Put garbage in and we are garbage.

I will be leaving for vacation tomorrow and I will try to eat healthily. Enjoying vacation does not have to mean eating excessively or eating crap. Actually, I think this will be a wonderful opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home