Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Remember the paper I mentioned a month or so ago? My Shiatsu paper. It's due on April 10, the same day I fly out to Michigan. It's finished!

I am quite proud of myself for not waiting last minute on this one. Once I started doing it, I realized that I was actually learning something in the process; it also prompted me to put a self study guide together on meridians and points.

Imagine that - an assignment that is useful in learning -- good job Byron Barth, instructor of Shiatsu!

He is by far the best instructor I've had at this school.

The assignment was for a 3-5 page paper; when I first saw that, I thought to myself, "5 pages?" in a way that I thought it was unrealistic to reach that point. After I began writing, I thought, "5 pages?" in a way that I thought it was impossible to cut it down to that point. I did cut out a few transition paragraphs that I wrote for good flow of the paper, but I still had to cut more. Aha! I dropped the font down to 11 and the spacing to 1.7; with this, I ended up with 5 1/2 pages.

I'm happy - now I have to work on the project that is due next Monday (I'll finish it on Friday.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home