Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, March 12, 2004

I'm attending Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. This school is primarily for acupunturists, but they also have a program for massage therapists. I'm training to be a massage therapist.

Oriental Medicine is very interesting; for that reason, I don't regret having chosen this school. I will probably take some massage classes elsewhere too though in order to get a strong background in massage. I along with many other massage students feel we are looked at as "future acupuncurists" rather than massage therapist students; therefore we feel as though we are being treated as secondary to the acupuncture students.

I recently spoke with the president of PCOM about my anatomy II instructor. This instructor always complained about being tired because he is working 12 hour days. He often would be corrected by other students and he is somewhat difficult to understand. I also showed some quizzes and specific questions to the president. He totally agreed with me that they were terribly written and just "not good test questions."

In the same meeting that I spoke about him, I complimented my Shiatsu instructor. I believe in telling about good experiences as well as the bad.

Guess what? Next semester, my Shiatsu instructor will be teaching Anatomy II. Coincidence? I don't think so. Do I feel great about the result of my meeting? No, I feel cheated and want my money back. Since It is not target or Wal-mart, I guess I'll just have to settle for being content knowing that I helped affect change for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home