Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, March 29, 2004

This week's questions come from one of our faithful participants, Jan (that's me). I thought of these questions on my way home from class last Friday evening. My Friday evening drive is the worst one I have; mostly I go against the grain (imagine that.)

1. Describe what you believe is a "good" driver. In my opinion, a good driver is one who obeys the traffic laws, but that is not enough. You must also not be timid, usually drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit depending on the dynamic of the area in which you are driving, and totally be aware of your surroundings. Do not compete with the drivers around you even if you are in a hurry or you know they are stupid. Competing on the highway is like target practice in a crowded room; you are bound to hurt someone and guess what? you just may not make it to your destination.

2. Describe a "bad" driver (your opinion of course). I now realize this was a crazy question to some because they will probably just say, "the opposite of my first answer," but for those who like to be heard, you can get creative and not be so boring as that. In my opinion, the worst driver is self absorbed, therefore he/she is not aware of anything or anyone around them; on the highway or any road for that matter, this is totally unacceptable.

3. Which category do you fit in? Please back up your answer. Feel free to use examples! I'm a good driver which sometimes people perceive as timid. I tend to drive with the 3 second rule of distance between cars which usually causes me to slow down a bit every time someone invades the space in front of me. I am very seldom late to my destination as a result of this, so I will continue to do it. I am very aware of my surroundings in all situations in life, so it is no different on the road.

Since we're on the subject, I would like to share that in my opinion, the driver's in S. CA are the worst drivers I've ever shared the road with. Susan has informed me that usually when I say they are all "stupid," that it's not that simple. They are so self absorbed that they are all that matters. Interesting thought don't you think; these people are the polar opposite of the people I lived with and around in Georgia. If you know me, you know where I stand on this topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home