Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I was born 43 years ago. I can only imagine my Mom in the hospital giving birth for the sixth time. Thanks for giving it one more try. I have been told that I was the only one who was planned; perhaps they thought it was a good idea to keep the number even. I think it was a good idea.

I don’t remember anything before the age of 5 or more. I think my earliest memory is watching slides of expo 67 which is why I can remember the age of 5. I also have a good memory of a birthday party given to me by my 5 sisters, Mom and Dad. It was the best party. I don’t know which party it was, but it was all about me and they gave me presents. It meant a lot to me because I know everyone’s heart was really there.

My teen years were up and down. I really don’t why or how I became somewhat of a "lost" one, but I definitely rebelled against my parent’s authority. I won’t go into all the details; I will just say that I am glad my parents never disowned me.

At the age of 18, I left the nest. I have now lived in other states longer than I had lived in my home state, Michigan. When someone asks me where I am from, I usually give a longer answer than expected.

Throughout my adult life, I have been trying to find my niche in life; through that, I am discovering myself.

Thank you Mom, Dad, Linda, Sharlene, Pam, Pat and Nat - I am thankful for the family I was born into and the people we have all become - I love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home