Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

It's Thursday already!? That's okay, but where has the week gone?

Thank you Susan for filtering through your books on Monday; that was the highlight of my week.

I was a little scared when I returned home from class and Susan said that she had redecorated. I slowly looked around and saw books and papers strewn around the floor. I said nothing at first and she told me that she no longer wanted to keep the things on the floor. I was smiling big. I filtered through what could possibly be used by others and the books that were just notes and should be recycled.

The next day, she had to work late. I thought to myself, I better take care of these now; afterall, she did her part. I took the books to a nearby used book store and donated them. The manager assured me that whatever they would not be able to sell would be further donated to St. something. That was good enough for me.

You may be wondering why I donated rather than sold them. My experience has proven that re-selling books is not very profitable; therefore, it wasn't worth my time. I do sell books (college) however when I know that they are still being used and I don't need them. You generally have to do it as soon as you are finished and have a pool of potential buyers at your fingertips.

Once again, Thanks Susan. I love getting rid of things that are no longer needed, used or worn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home