Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I had surgery last Thursday. I think it was considered routine or simple, but it was in a delicate area. It was for "severe dysplasia" which I guess means that the cells came up abnormal enough that the docs like to cut it out before it becomes cancer.

I went in at about noon, hung around for a couple of hours and next thing I know, they are finally going to put me "out" for a little while. I wasn't afraid of that, but I did make it clear to the doc that I didn't want any procedures done just for the sake of education. It's a teaching hospital. She assured me that she would only have students look if there was something to see and that nothing extra would be performed.

The anesthesiologist called me the next day to ask if I was pleased with the experience and if I had any bad side effects. That was nice I thought.

A couple days later, a nurse called and asked if I was pleased with the nursing staff. I was.

Just now, the doc called and asked if I was okay and told me that the lab came back showing no further "disease." That is what we expected. She asked when I was going to see her again and when I told her, she thanked me for reminding her that she was going to be there on Monday since she won't be there on Friday.

The point is all is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home