Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

These weeks Monday Madness!

I fell asleep while my computer was still online - keeping the computer online was due to my intention to do this. It's my weekend; what can I say?

1. Do you like to cook? Why or why not?
I enjoy cooking with Susan. Generally, I haven't really had cooking as part of my daily regimen. Let me tell you a little story - it's one of my memories which means it could be real or not. I remember as a child having the choice to go outside to work with Dad or stay in and help Mom. I chose the great outdoors and Dad ~ nothing personal Mom.

2. What is your favorite recipe? Is it one you use on a regular basis? (Feel free to share the recipe with us!)
Since cooking isn't yet a habit in my life, I can't say I do have a favorite recipe. I will tell you the things that I do know how to cook and have since I was a kid - eggs! I can cook some eggs!

3. If you owned a restaurant, what would the theme be? What would your restaurant be called?
Since spending much of my adult life in the restaurant business, owning a restaurant has been somewhat of a dream of mine. I've had a couple different "themes" in mind. The grandest theme would be the Mexican restaurant. I mean Mexican - not made by Mexicans for the gringo tongue. The menu would have dinners which were based on specialty foods from the different states and cities of México; for example Cabrito de Monterrey.

The other restaurant idea is much simpler; as a matter of fact, simple would be the theme. It would be a grill - type cooking restaurant where I would cook and run the joint most of the time. -- that type of cooking I enjoy. I enjoyed it when I worked at a Huddle House as the cook and the assistant manager. Keeping it simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home