Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, August 30, 2007


Monday Madness

1. Where you live, what kind of weather (or weather-related tragedy) do you fear the most? I don't really "fear" any type of weather, but lately we have actually had humidity and I'm not overly fond of it. I look forward to rain because we don't really get enough it; that is why when it does rain, there are more accidents than usual. It is not only because people here aren't used to it, it is also because the oil doesn't get a chance to rise and wash away very often. This causes the roads to be more slick.

2. What kind of weather do you MOST enjoy? I most enjoy the weather that is advertised, "74 year round." It is a perfect temp and it is why it is so expensive to live here.

3. What kind of weather do you LEAST like to drive in? SNOW! Even though I first acquired my driver's license at age 18, I didn't really drive much until I bought my first car at age 21. I was in Quantico VA, but I didn't really NEED to drive anywhere; for this reason, I don't have much experience driving in snow. I'm happy to say, it doesn't snow here.

4. What is the scariest weather-related experience you've had in your lifetime? I guess when we were kids and had tornado warnings; Mom or Dad would call and tell us to get in the basement. i don't think I really thought that was scarey though; they were adventures. Now I wonder if that was just Mom and Dad's way of knowing we were staying out of trouble that day. (just kidding Mom)

5. Share a "weather picture" with us! My picture is shared at the top of this post. I realized that I don't take pictures of the weather much, but you can see the sun shining and shadows cast. That pic is in La Jolla; we went and 'hiked' around. Beautiful Day!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At September 2, 2007 at 8:14 PM , Blogger sherle said...

    Beautiful pic of a perfect weather day! Great place for hiking too, eh? The tornado warnings were real... we've had some here recently but i don't bother running downstairs because i figure i'd have time to go downstairs before it hit! It's different when you're not home but your kids are! love you. ;-)

     
  • At September 3, 2007 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Nat said...

    That IS a weather pic, my seester! Thanks for sharing. Love you! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home