Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Make someday today Is the featured article in my email from spark people. I read that article (skimmed quickly) and it is so true. Live each day! today!

Related topic: two days ago, a friend from CP sent me some pics of her baby. This girl has settled down. I guess we all do eventually, but we were both pretty footloose when we knew each other in Ga. This isn't about her though; she told me about another co-worker we had. This guy died just about one year ago at the age of 30. It freaked me out when I read her question in the email. She asked me if I had known. I hadn't - and quickly googled his name. The first thing I found was a nice letter/essay from a coworker of his (at the time.) It seems he was teaching at a high school and was greatly respected and appreciated. This guy was quite intelligent, but just like the rest of us, he wasn't perfect. He had his devious side; he was even on my sht list for awhile and I vaguely remember why. Anyway,,,,,,, I'm just blogging about this to get it off my chest. I sort of obsessed about finding info on him. I guess he had "double lung pneumonia" Why couldn't he pull through this though? Do the docs just really suck in GA? Through reading his blog, it did seem that he was having a hard time with the docs. I also read a bunch of comments from right after he died. Wow! It was like his new life was a lot different from when I knew him, perhaps I really didn't know him. His Aunt left a phone number and email address on one of her comments; I almost emailed. but now it is almost a year and it may strike a nerve; besides what do I say? Do I really have genuine concern or is it just morbid curiosity? I am strangely (sometimes dangerously) honest, aren't I? That's it! Feel free to tell me how normal it is to be curious - or that you know my heart is in the right place. Blah blah, live each day! I don't say live each day as if it were your last; I don't like that ending. I think it is enough to say - LIVE EACH DAY! love yas

3 Comments:

  • At July 14, 2007 at 8:00 AM , Blogger sherle said...

    I love that you blog again... on a fairly regular basis.
    I love that you are so honest. It is refreshing... even when the truth bites a bit.
    I love that i'm more 'southern' than you are! I've always been a bit of a 'tomboy' & the southern just kind of goes with it in my own head.
    I love that you are my daughter.
    I love YOU!

     
  • At July 14, 2007 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    wow! Thanks Mom - I love you!!!!

     
  • At July 16, 2007 at 5:03 AM , Blogger Nat said...

    I don't know if it's morbid curiosity or what, but I do know I possess the same trait (or whatever you want to call it). My opinion on honesty: It is the best thing. There isn't enough of it!

    Love you! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home