Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, March 07, 2005

I finally did it! I have been living here for almost two years and two things have been bugging me the whole time, the living room and the dining room. I could also say those two things were two big bookcases (one in each room.)

With only one class left in this trimester, I knew I had the time to do it. I had been visualizing the results for months. I had some extra motivation from my main two clients who each chose to come to me instead have me go to them (my original intention.) Finally, I had to stop thinking about it and just do it!

S had call (24 hour duty) on Saturday, but I know me.... I needed more than twenty four hours. On Friday I started the job; I meticulously pulled out each book, glanced through it, dusted it and placed it according to subject or type. I called S to tell her there was a work in progress going on. On Saturday I moved each bookcase to "the office," cleaned them and then meticulously placed the books in the bookcases. There were a few things I had to take into account while placing the books; weight, beauty, subject which all revolved around what is currently being used the most at the moment.

The office may be rearranged in the future, but it is functional and clean. Most importantly, the living room is clear of clutter. I didn't even tell you about the many papers I boxed up for S with hopes that we can gradually go through them to decipher what is needed and what can be shredded.

The dining room is clear and the table is useable. The living room is relaxing allowing the energy to flow freely throughout. I am by no means a feng shui expert, but there is a lot to benefit from a little knowledge and a lot of action. The living room also easily transfers into my massage space.

My next project is......................PHOTOS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home