Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, January 16, 2003

New Year's Eve - Susan and I were eating dinner at 7pm Hawaii time which is Midnight east coast time. I mentioned it and had previously thought about calling a family member at that time, but decided against it since we were having dinner. Susan and I toasted the new year which was a good thing because we were both fast asleep by 8:30. We laughed about it the next day. Noise makers had been given out at dinner and the children were playing with them early. We saw a few beer boxes the next morning, so I'm guessing there was a little bit of a party.

The next day, we went "mountain biking." My affectionate name for it is Controlled Coasting. When I attempted to take the first trail and realized it was all down hill with a bunch of rocks in the way, I said to myself, "where is the fun in this?" and suggested to Susan that we start out with the road. We did. We ventured off on a trail later. There was still a lot of coasting, but I actually had to pedal a few times too; afterall, what goes down must go up? I took a spill too; Susan was ahead of me, so the only thing she heard was, "oh sh**" and she started laughing until she realized I was on the ground. I started laughing too since I wasn't really hurt - just scuffed up with the red dirt. I'm pretty sure she took a picture of that - a kodak moment? Later, she also took a tumble, but is it really my place to talk about that?

I don't think mountain biking is the thing for me. I prefer pedaling over trying to control the bike while coasting down a rocky trail; afterall, it's much easier to control the bike while your pedaling rather than coasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home