Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Wednesday, December 04, 2002

I was hungry and needed to buy groceries. We all know that it's not a good idea to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach, so I went to a local "hog trough." I generally stay away from that type of place, but I didn't feel like socializing and it's also good for when you don't really know what you want to eat.

I suddenly felt as if I had entered an old movie. The "waitress" talked incessantly about the types of food she likes. She was talking to two customers at nearby tables but continued to try to get me in the conversation by looking at me. I refused to look at her, but I could see her from the corner of my eye. If I had wanted to socialize, I would have brought a friend! The girl in her extreme Southern accent continued to talk about how "country" her mom is. I laughed inside. This actually was a good experience and the food served its purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home