Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, December 02, 2002

Working in retail seems like the least appreciated place to be during "the holidays," but I am thankful for being employed. Working the Wednesday before Thanksgiving was a bit stressful partly due to how I schedule my flights but also due to all the people who just had to do last minute fixups before the family gathering. note to self: if it's not done a couple days before the event, don't worry about it - move on!

When I arrived at work, I made sure my immediate supervisor (for lack of a better word, but not really his title) knew what time I was leaving. I had already covered it earlier in the week with one of the managers. My immediate supervisor showed obvious disdain, but I forced myself not to allow it to rub off on me. Misery does love company and I will not take on other people's misery. Much of that work day was focusing on the job at hand~as always~ while also focusing on getting out of there in order to make my flight.

Being the clever person I am, I had told them I was leaving at 2 knowing full well that if I left anytime between 2 and 3, I would make the flight just fine. I left promptly at 2, sat in the airport in peace for 2 hours without a care in the world. This was the beginning of a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home