Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, November 15, 2002

The state of Washington! Although I flew in to Seattle and slept there the first night, I didn't really visit. I slept in a little late (which is a matter of perspective really) after arriving late and traveling after a full day of work. We had a casual morning with breakfast in the room and decided to hit the road down to my friends place in Oregon. Of course it would have been nice to visit the area, but it would have also set us back on the other plans.

We arrived at Sarah and Andrea's about an hour and a half early but we warned them ahead of time. They were happy to see us. They live just far enough away from city life while also being close to work. I would say they live in a perfect area. The land is beautiful and mountainous - or are they big hills? It's beautiful!

It was Susan's first meeting with S and A; however, it was as if they had always known each other. We all had a great time. We ate at a nearby Mexican restaurant and later watched some rented movies. The next morning, we had a quick breakfast of cinnamon rolls and hit the road as tourists. I must admit that I'm probably not the best tourist since I get motion sickness so easily, but I wanted to go.

We road out to the coast. I have now seen the west coast and the Pacific ocean. It was a cold, rainy day, so we didn't walk around very much, but it is a pleasant site to see the waves slapping against the gigantic rocks. We also walked up many steps in order to look out a tower. Wow! It was pretty high, but worth the climb to get a glimpse of the beauty that surrounds us. moving on.......

The great finale was at a very nice restaurant which is on the water. I ate some sort of shrimp dish. Susan had halibut and I tried it. I don't know if i had ever tried it before, but I think it is the "cleanest" fish I have ever tasted. It was good and the presentation of the dishes was beautiful.

I think it was that night that I went to bed pretty early. Of course I slept very well and woke up early in the morning. Susan and I started our day with a walk. A very nice walk with the dogs leading us. Upon our return, Sarah had started fixing breakfast. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - the best breakfast I have had in a while. She cooked quiche and blueberry scones.

Later, we had spaghetti for lunch/dinner. Then, Susan and I hit the road again for the Seattle area.

I'll blog more later about the trip back home. All is well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home