Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, October 25, 2002

Something hit me that year. The year Dad went through life threatening difficulties and I didn't visit him. I realized after I was informed of what had gone on, that I wanted to visit my family more often than I had been. I believe at that point, I wasn't even visiting once a year. I was hit by the reality that we do not live forever. I then decided that I would live the rest of my life in such a way that I would not have any regrets or feelings of "unfinished business" throughout my life. In summary, I decided to live each day in such a way that if I were to die, I would be content with my passing.

With all that in mind, what is it that I want to do? From childhood all the way through my twenties, I really never had a feeling of what I wanted to do professionally. Now, after living many of my adult years with a clear head, there are many things that I feel I want to do, but I need to focus on something and direct most of my attention in that direction. At this point, I am thinking about continuing my education by earning a Master's degree in psychology - possibly focused toward child and family development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home