Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

It's real! I am going to Hawaii in December! It's difficult to make plans when your future is uncertain, but when Susan first proposed this idea, I definitely supported it and tried to assure her that it would work out. When I was initially hired at the Home Depot, I arranged things with my immediate boss who makes the schedule. When I was moved to a new, full-time position, I had to form another plan. I thought about it thoroughly and came up with my plan of attack. The next step was to wait for the perfect moment. Finally, that moment came.

The same day that the 2 x 4 attacked me, I was able to connect with the boss. I first explained why I came directly to him. Then, I presented "the facts" and my desires. He immediately took out a piece of paper, wrote down my name and the dates that I need off. He then instructed me to take as much vacation and personal time off that I have collected by that time and that he will supplement the remainder with a leave of absence.

I thanked him for his understanding and he thanked me for giving him plenty of time to prepare for my absence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home