Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, October 07, 2002

I'm okay! Two days ago, a 2 x 4 slipped out of my hand and hit me on the bridge of my nose. My eyes are a little black right now, but all is well. I didn't go to the doctor, but all the proper paper work was filled out just in case I decided to later. At first, my nose bled a lot. I remember from childhood we used to tip our head back whenever we had a bloody nose, so that's what I did. I quickly started choking on the blood, so I went out the back door to spit it out; it was quite dramatic looking I'm sure. When I told Dr. CA about it, she informed me that nowadays it is recommended to tip forward allowing the nose to bleed and it should stop within 10 to 15 minutes.This advice is especially important for the little ones since they can start choking faster. It seems logical to me; afterall, it's somewhat gross allowing all that blood to just go down your throat.

Dr. CA also adviced that if something like this happens again, to go to the doctor at the very least so the incident will be documented in case of future side effects. She was here that afternoon and looked at my nose; it should heal looking as normal as it did before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home