Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, September 23, 2002

Going to the movie theatre. It's not something I used to do often and always appreciate it when I have the opportunity. What is it that is so special about going to the movies? I think....................foremost, it is justifying eating junk! I love eating milk duds with my buttered popcorn. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Whereas I have the freedom to enjoy my movie experience, so does the guy sitting about 8 seats down in the same aisle as me. He seemed to find his pleasure in eating ice. Although I did not have to endure the sound of crunching ice which tends to grate my nerves, I did have the pleasure of listening to the ice 'clank' down the glass after being shaken.

We all have the freedom to enjoy things as we choose, but there is something called consideration, right? This guy was not only shaking his ice around a million times; he was also making very disgusting guttural noises. I laughed a few times during the movie which I thought was acceptable due to the fact that the movie had some funny parts to it, but it's possible that my laughing was found irritating by others.

So it seems...... "acceptable" is not one of those terms that will be defined equally by all.

Oh, are you wondering which movie I saw? The Banger Sisters with Goldie Hawn and Susan Sarrandon (spelling?) - It was a feel good movie with some humor. It's probably one of those movies that many would consider to be a "Chic flic."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home