Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, September 03, 2002

My job at The Home Depot has been going well despite the fact that I was not happy with my position in receiving from the beginning. I expressed my interest to move into sales to everyone possible. I was careful to always take it with a positive approach as opposed to complaining. By this, I mean that I focused on how it would benefit both me and the company if I were to move to sales. I emphasized my like for people and interaction with them. It worked in my favor that the human resource person quit because that allowed me to go directly to the manager after speaking to one of his assistants. When my part time hours were cut from 30 to 20 two weeks ago, it discouraged me a little, but also gave me an extra push to talk with the manager. While communicating with him, the manager was able to see my enthusiasm which of course he likes.

When a position opened up, he immediately thought of me. I was offered the full time position and will be starting soon pulling orders for deliveries. My hours will be set with rotating days off which is fine with me.

It's all about attitude and staying positive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home