Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Refried beans are mushy and I like them. Why is it then that I find the texture of tofu difficult to enjoy or should i say savour? I have no desire to replace chicken with tofu; I am simply trying to bring tofu into my life as my main source of protein. Today, I cooked tofu and onions in a fajita marinade. I choose to refer to this concoction as tofu fajitas - makes sense, doesn't it?

It wasn't bad. As I was eating my first fajita, I noticed that when i take a bite of the more mushed stuff, it's actually more pleasing to the palate than if I take a bite of a chunk of tofu. With that in mind, along with the fact that I enjoy refried beans, I think for my next fajita/burrito I will mix my fajita concoction with beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home