Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, August 13, 2002

...stay with me now... While I was unemployed, people kept telling me, "when one door closes, another one opens." Although I did appreciate their intentions, I also became tired of hearing that. I've thought about it for a while - some people say it differently too - they put the control in "God" by saying something to the effect of when God closes one door, he opens another. Here's my thought: remember, you have to be partially in my head.

Perhaps those doors are always there and that we are in charge of opening them. Usually, we don't choose to open them while we are in a comfort zone. By comfort zone I mean comfortable with what we are doing with our lives - not necessarily because we like it but because we've been doing it for a while and it's comfortable. Most of us, yes I'm including myself, are afraid to make changes or take risks. Taking risks, branching out, trying new things.... they're required in order to grow! I'm trying to remind myself here, that I don't have to wait for a "tragedy" or a bump in the road of my life to try something new. Let's keep flourishing !!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home