Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Wednesday, August 07, 2002

2001/2002 is truly the time period of unemployment in my family. I don't seem to be very concerned when the "bad economy" is the big news of the day because I believe fluctuation is a good thing. I still don't credit the economy or September 11th to the closing of Cedar Plantation. Now, a quaint little Catholic school has closed in Michigan. This closing has directly affected two of my sisters. One who will not only be looking for employment but also for a school for her daughter to attend.

Call me naive but I still don't totally credit our economical situation to this situation. It seems that if word had gotten out earlier, fund raising could have taken place sooner. I know the parishioners of this church are very good fund raisers. On the other hand, if word hadn't gotten out in the manner that it did, parents wouldn't have taken their children off the enrollment list in fear of getting them enrolled in time elsewhere for the coming school year. My point is that it seems that once again where we would just love to say, "Oh, it's the economy," the appropriate people are simply avoiding owning responsibility for their own actions or lack of action at the appropriate time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home