Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Friday, September 27, 2002

AS WELL! I started hearing (or noticing) this expression being used excessively in 1996 while I was in Dallas Texas working as a volunteer immigration counselor. As soon as I heard it the first time, I thought to myself, why did he use that? he already said "and." Then, I guess due to my personality I tend to dwell on things and started hearing it a lot; it grated on my nerves. Now, I don't hear it as often, but when I do, I realize that they didn't need to use it. I will give you an example: .... blah, blah, blah and he liked it as well. Do you get the gist? My guess is that it is one of those expressions which people tend to use because they think it sounds intelligent. If you don't need it, don't use it. Choose one! Two is generally redundant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home