Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Sunday, October 13, 2002

There is comfort in grief. I sensed something was "off" when I awoke at 4:30 this morning. I went back to sleep anyway after calling for Alley outside. She didn't come. In the past, she was always right around the corner. Lately, she even started sleeping on the back stoop. All was different this morning.

I woke up again at 7:30. It just started getting light outside. I called for Alley and once again, no response. I knew that was strange. She never would have stayed away that long. I knew it. I knew what had happened. Sometimes we know more than we want to know.

I let Bravo outside within the confines of my side fence. When he started barking, my thoughts were confirmed. I looked out a front window and saw the facts. Alley is dead. Bravo was barking at her. He tends to bark at things that are out of place. I won't go into detail about getting her off the side of the road, but it wasn't easy. I love her. She had a good life with me and Bravo. She really enjoyed running free.

I went outside to look at her. She was at peace. I know that sounds strange, but I believe she is at peace. I feel peace also. Deep within my grief is peace, comfort and serenity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home