Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, October 31, 2002

As I was "resting" back in the chair I had a lot of time to think...... I bet that I have taken better care of my pets than I have myself in most of my adult life. I love Bravo, but guess what boy? I'm taking care of me now too. Realize I said too; I have no intention of not continuing to take care of my boy. Of course if you know me, you know that also. blah, blah...

Who knows how many shots I had in my mouth today, but I had all my wits. Only feeling was taken away (I still don't have it all back either.) I'm not sure how most people handle these situations, but I'm going to tell you how I handled this one. Having to overcome boredom, the cold temperature of the room and the uncomfortable feeling inside my mouth, I decided to travel a bit. I let my mind wander to every place imaginable.

I went to Washington, Oregon, Michigan and Hawaii. They all happen to be places to which I will really be traveling soon. I thought about how thankful I am to have the opportunities to visit my friends and family during the next few months. I also invested time in being thankful for my current employment which has a lot to do with the fact that I was in that chair getting a lot of work done inside my mouth. I have a lot to be thankful for.

I also thought about how it really wasn't a big deal having all that work done in my mouth. It was much more excruciating when I was trying to set up the next appointment and called my immediate supervisor to see if he had made the upcoming schedule yet.

7 fillings, 2 crowns, and a root canal down..... one crown and some bridge work to go.

What did I do on my day off? I sat back and fantasized about my upcoming trips. It was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home