Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, July 15, 2002

The changing of dreams and goals - In March, 2000, I bought 5 acres of land. Before having the opportunity to buy this land, I used to look at it every time I drove by and think to myself what a nice piece of property it was. One day, I saw a "for sale" sign. Soon after living on the property, my dream of building a dome home came to life. I think it would look nice here but more importantly, It has some practical attributions such as energy and space efficiency. This dream is changing. (don't worry family, I have no plans to sell the land)

I think it's important for people to realize that it's healthy when goals or dreams change. Look at me! I have a degree in business but actually enjoy more of a "hands on" type of work; for a long time, I dreamed of owning a restuarant. Lately, I've been thinking about going to a technical school to learn a trade such as flooring, plumbing or electrical. By learning a specific trade, I could fulfill the dream i've always had of "working for myself" while also doing hands on work.

My dreams are changing - I equate the change with improvement - continuous improvement which makes this journey we call life - fulfilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home