Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I'm a "literal" person. I give credit for this attribute to my father who used to quite firmily say, "Say what you mean; don't mean what you say." That makes sense too. Even though I may have fought it then, I even knew then that it made sense.

This literal sense in myself has sometimes caused communication issues - why? you may ask - because most people are sarcastic, evasive or just plain have trouble saying what they mean.

Now, as a student of Oriental Medicine, I must learn the information with an open mind and probably one that is not so literal.

Now, about "kidneys!" as he points to his head(brain.)

Another famous line of my father's was when he would say or do something clever (which was often of course.) One of us (daughters) would express admiration or respect. Dad would simply smile, point at his brain, and say, "Kidneys!"

Well Dad, according to Oriental Medicine, there are a few "curious organs" that just don't neatly fit into one category of control. One of these organs is the brain which is controlled by the (you guessed it) Kidney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home