Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Saturday, September 13, 2003

School ...... wonderful!

I find it interesting that I went to university about 12 years after graduating from high school and now, about 11 years after earning my BBA, I am back in school.

I've briefly mentioned that I'm going back to school. I mentioned massage therapy, but I feel the need to be more specific. I am working toward a certificate in Oriental Body Therapy and am currently enrolled in Oriental Medicine 1, Anatomy, Circulatory Massage, Biology, Business Practices and ethics and Tui Na Hand Techniques. That is 17.5 hours of class each week; it's a full load.

My first week I was primarily concerned with simply getting to class and buying my books; the second week I've been trying to get a routine down. Having a routine is a necessity for I don't want to fall behind in class.

With this certificate, I will be able to work as a massage therapist. Of course that will be after obtaining the proper licensing through the police department after taking required national and state tests.

I decided to go this route (OBT) because I want to reach a finishing point as soon as possible and work in the field. Many of the students are working towards a master's degree which takes at least 3 years and 8 months. That's a major committment! Going the OBT route has me in some master's courses which I will be able to use if I choose to continue after getting my feet wet in the field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home