Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Sunday, May 11, 2003

I like my job. I like my work. The problem lies in the fact that I don't respect the way the place is run. So, in order to keep my sanity, I manage to enjoy my job in my own special way.

My fun activity for the day...... Michael, the guy I used to work with when I pulled orders, came in with his wife and children. His youngest daughter is about 3 or 4 a perfect fun age in my opinion. Then the older girl is about 9 or 10 mature enough to know that adults usually aren't "fun."

I asked the girls what they wanted to do today. The mom groaned so as to say, "oh know ; you've opened a can of worms now." The oldest girl said she wanted to go swimming in a pool. When I asked if she had access to a place to go swimming, she said, "yes," but her mom didn't seem to think so. I knew I better do something.

I told the girls that I don't have a swimming pool, but if it was okay with their mom, we could play in the sprinklers. I was a bit surprised when their mom said it was okay. Off we went!

We ran and laughed through the sprinklers. After a little while, I told the girls we had to stop. I wanted to make sure they had time to dry before they were to get back in the car. It didn't take long to dry and as they were leaving, the youngest girl exclaimed to her mom, "I want to stay here with Jan."

just another great day at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home