Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, May 08, 2003

Driving down Interstate 16 on my way to work, I saw a dog. The dog was hungry. I was talking on the phone while this occured. The dog was very lean and just wandering; I saw him long before I was there. There was a semi driving beside me. The dog started crossing the highway just as I approached. As soon as I thought we were both in the clear, the dog turned around because he didn't want to be hit by the semi. I said, "oh crap." Of course Susan heard it (I was on the phone with her.) There was no thug.

The dog made it across the highway. I told myself that he will probably be dead before the day is over.

As I think about this, I say to you, Susan, " Sorry for scaring you."

Guess what I saw on my way home today? The same dog - walking along the highway.

This all saddens me a bit ~~ knowing the dog is homeless and very hungry, but sometimes it is worse if you try to rescue all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home