Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, March 06, 2003

You never know who is next to you.

We all at times, make grave generalizations.

I'm not an activist.

What is she talking about? you may ask. Here it is....

Yesterday, while standing behind the service desk at work, one of the associates said, "Oh man, there were some Mexicans in here that stunk so bad!" I calmly said while trying not to express emotion something to the effect of, ' I bet ~pause~ because most Mexicans around here are very hard workers; I bet they sweat a lot.' She obviously didn't comprehend anything I said because she continued talking about this and I slowly left the area and moved on with my business.

Did this bother me? No, not really; mostly it surprises me how ignorant people are. Many people who go to the Home Depot stink! Many of them are in the middle of a job and others just stink all the time (my guess). The majority, however are the "ol' country bumpkins" there, I made a generalization too! Point being though that I would not have said, "Man, that redneck stinks!"

I can do even better than that, but once again, I won't be saying this inside that store..... "Man , that toothless, idiotic redneck smells like he hasn't taken a bath in 20 years! "

ha ha ha ha ha - that felt good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home