Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Monday, February 17, 2003

Do you think that we are in charge of our lives? ... how long we live ? ......more specifically, when we die?

In the same way that I believe we are “in charge of our own destiny,” I believe we are in charge of when we die.

This is not about me; nor is it about a family member, but it is about someone’s grandmother who is about 86. This someone is a person whom I care about very much. Her grandmother helped “bring her up.” Now, it seems it is her turn to help “bring her (grandmother) down.”

I realize I do not know exactly what is going on, for I have never met the grandmother. From my view which is not as clear as a bird’s eye, it seems that the grandmother wishes to go.

Susan, being the wonderful , loving person she is, is trying to manage taking care of her grandmother while continuing to stay focused on her own personal/professional goals. How much can one person do?

Perhaps the grandmother does need to live with Susan so she can go knowing that the love she gave is truly reciprocated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home