Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Yesterday - up at 4:30 a.m. to be out the door by 5 in order to be at work by 6am. I met two coworkers and off we were on a two hour drive to a garden road show.

The day began with John Deere lawn mowers and garden tractors. It was actually very interesting. We moved on to Murray - they have a bit of a complex by the way - the vendor made sure we understood they are "price sensitive." I learned about Toro, Homelite and Echo from string trimmers to big lawn tractors. Overall, it was a great day! I love learning in most capacities and it did not surprise me that I also enjoy learning about Power Equipment.

The idea of vendors teaching sales associates to sell their equipment is certainly a good one. Today will be my first day in the seasonal/garden department and I do feel more equipped with knowledge than if I hadn't attended this road show.

I forgot to mention the anticlimactic ending - patio furniture! This part wasn't very interesting and the vendors didn't really tell us much that we couldn't have learned from the brochure. On the road again - to Pooler - back at 7pm. I clocked 13 hours for the day which left me with a short one today. Life is good all!


Give me more! Give me more! Knowledge that is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home