Jan's Introspection

me and my latest - whether they be plans, insightful thoughts, ideas or realities.

Thursday, March 20, 2003

Richard Engel is one of the ABC "war" correspondents. I am impressed with him because he speaks and translates Arabic fluently. I specify his ability to translate along with speaking because they do not necessarily go hand in hand.

This impresses me greatly because Arabic is one of those languages that is TOTALLY foreign - meaning that the language uses a different alphabet and different system than many of our languages.

I just want to speak Spanish fluently! Due to lack of continuity, I haven't yet accomplished that goal. This language, in my opinion has many grammatical similarities to English. I also think it is more logical than English when it comes to some of the differences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home